As a mother of 5 I am often reminded that although some days seem to drag ... the years fly by. I am thankful for the "moments" and remember along the way ... I must ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fairies and cowboys and magicians OH MY!

As you can see I have not yet mastered the habit of taking fabulous pictures of everything we do so we had to pose a few. I did think of maybe staging a few trick or treat pics, but that would be CHEESY! Kindof like finding some cute scrapbook embellishment and then taking pics to match. Oh wait, I've done that too. Carving the jackolanterns. Halle's is the heart face (crying), Jaxon wanted Spiderman, Brock made his scarey and Shelby tried for details. Brock spent the day as Charlie Bone...Who? That's what most people said. He is a character in a series of books that Brock has been reading and really likes. Our little candy fairy. She loves wearing the tutu, I am not sure we will ever get it off of her. Giddy up!! Jaxon spends half of his life dressed as a cowboy so we just added a mustache (just like Poppy) to make it a "costume". Halle was the light fairy. Halle could not get enough of all the parties, parades and trick or treating. She definitely worked the wings and thought she was fabulous! Shelby started the fairy thing. She has been reading Fablehaven and wanted to be a dark fairy so we made a tutu and accessorized. It was fun and she was very proud of the tutu she made. I almost forgot our favorite tradition. The meal! This year we had dead man in worms (spagetti with meatloaf shaped like a...dead man) with a side of monster toes and ghostly pudding. We cannot have Halloween at our house without the monster toes! Oh, and I am not staging this one, you'll just have to use your imaginations.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids look so cute in their costumes. A just can't wait to give them all a hug. Avery just doesn't look like the rest of them.

Nicole B. said...

Great costumes and I love how you do the themed dinner!