As a mother of 5 I am often reminded that although some days seem to drag ... the years fly by. I am thankful for the "moments" and remember along the way ... I must ENJOY THE JOURNEY.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Day in the Life....

I admit it. I am addicted. I don't even have a picture today, and it is 9:50 on a crazy day when I should really just go to bed, but I just wanted to capture a snapshot of what a day in the life of a mother of five can be. WARNING: This got a bit long. 6:00 a.m. Is that Avery crying? Let's get her a bottle and hope she goes back to sleep. 6:20 She is asleep again, but if I move her will she wake up? 6:30 Wii Fit is calling. I have to get a workout in. sometime after 6:30 but before 7:00 I got the high score in step aerobics. YES!!! 7:15 Shelby, it's time to get up. 7:16 make survey to pass to school children. 7:30 Time for scriptures, is everyone up? 8:00 oatmeal for breakfast--- Avery is just spitting hers at me, I guess she can have grapes again. 8:15 brush teeth, check backpacks, is everyone wearing shoes?, wipe faces... 8:30 get dressed, "Hair or makeup? Makeup!" 8:31 time to leave for school. Yes we are walking all the way! 9:00 arrive at school just in time to buy tickets for the fundraiser carnival (you should all come) (like anyone is reading this...lol) 9:15 "what time does Jaxon's preschool start? 9:50, I think." 9:16 make 550 copies of survey made earlier. distribute to all teachers' boxes 9:30 Time to go so we can make Jaxon's preschool. Yes we are walking all the way home! 9:40 "I didn't leave a note with the surveys in the teachers' boxes, I am not walking all the way back to school. It is time for preschool." 9:50 We barely made it in time for preschool 9:51 "I can't believe that preschool started at 9:15 today!" 9:55 Sign Shelby up for volleyball. "I love volleyball, maybe I'll get a team together." (Don't laugh) (again, like anyone is reading this...lol) 10:00 finally lay crying baby down for a nap. "Did she really get up at 6:00? Hope she's not making this a habit." 10:25 Get off of phone call with cannery and run to get Jaxon. 10:30 help Halle with homework, read to Jaxon and Halle, couple more phone calls (Thanks for calling mom) 11:30 Time for lunch. "You want quesadillas again?" 12:00 Grab Avery out of bed and run to van. ... it's my day for carpool and so pick up 2 more kids and drop them off at school. "am I forgetting something?" 12:20 feed Avery lunch, this time she is spitting yogurt at me. I guess she'll have more grapes. "Can you live off of grapes alone?" Eat leftover bbq sandwich. Thank goodness for leftovers. 12:21 "am I forgetting something?" It must be soccer treats. 12:30 walk to red barn (no not the one in Santaquin) buy apples from nice old man. "What a healthy soccer treat Jaxon picked." Realize that we just walked a block and a half and Jaxon is not wearing shoes. "what is that stuff on Avery's face? I am such a good mom." 1:15 See Morgan run in for football stuff and lunch. "Uh, oh I ate that leftover sandwich." ...Try to communicate with Morgan while on the phone with Sheila (thanks for calling Sheila) He'll grab something...see you tonight....call me....luv you. 2:00 grab bottle for Avery, shoes for Jaxon, purse, address, cell phone, a diaper, the book for Halle's class that just got here in the mail... 2:15 present book to Halle's kindergarten class. "Am I in the book? Yes, everyone is. Where am I in the book? I don't know lets read it..."(what's that smell?) 2:25 grab Brock from his class, send Shelby to the van and stop back at kindergarten class for Halle....What is that smell? "Thank goodness I brought a diaper." 2:29 see Ginger, Hi Ginger, UGH that's what I forgot. Jaxon's play group. 2:30 We have got to go to Orem...got to get tickets for Flash from nice man....yes we can stop and get your Build-a-Bear Halle...shhh, I'm on the phone apologizing for missing the play group. 3:00 Is this the right building? No, it's across the street. Good at least there is parking. 3:05 I didn't know the Flash had a corporate office. I feel underdressed. 3:30 Albertsons (did you all see the ad for Albertsons this week) I spent 36.00 I saved 52.00 4:00 Right on schedule. Halle, lets go get your bear. 4:45 "I can't believe how much those bears cost...I can't believe I got out of there with just one... she really deserved it...its good I saved so much at Albertsons." 5:15 Home just in the nick of time. Everyone, grab soccer shoes, shirts, socks and treats, don't forget the treats! 5:17 Head to soccer fields. 5:23 Send Shelby with little kids to their game...don't forget the treats! 5:25 RUN!!! "yes Brock, I know we are supposed to be 15 minutes early to these games. At least we made it." Captains? You bet I have captains... Who wants to be captain?" 6:45 "We won!! 5-1!!! Creamed em!!!" Did we have fun? I don't know what the score was, Brock, did you have fun? "Amy and I are great coaches! No, we just got really lucky to have 4 out of 16 really good players on our team. The other 12 are really good at getting the ball to those 4. Gosh, we LOOK like great coaches!" 7:00 Spagettios for dinner. Thank goodness for spagettios. 7:02 The doorbell..."am I expecting someone?"...Of course I remember that you are coming, come on in! "It's the visiting teachers...my house...my kids...my hair!" 7:15 I'll be right back I just need to run to Relief Society for 30 minutes. Shelby you call me if you need anything. Seriously I'll only be half an hour. 7:49 Home for the night. Thank goodness. 7:50 PJs everyone! Prayers, teeth, story, talk, talk, talk...Seriously, go to bed! 8:30 "Is Avery still awake?" 9:00 "I'm just going to lay her down and let her cry..." 9:30 Lights out, check email, "should I write in my blog?" (what a day, not that anyone is reading this...lol)

4 comments:

Luke said...

WOW, you are BUSY. I would like to see the motion picture version.

Nicole B. said...

Man, being a mother is fun isn't it and I only have three.

The Wents said...

Wow, I am tired just reading about your day.

Kelli said...

Long-winded sister. Sounds like you need a couple more kids. Good luck.

Brian